Vietnam Visa Exemption Program
Who are free for Visa to visit Vietnam?
Visitors to Vietnam must obtain a valid visa unless they come from one of the Vietnam visa-free countries. Until now, Vietnam provides 14 to 90 days visa-free to citizens of 24 countries with valid ordinary passports.
List of countries which is free visa to Vietnam
|Name of Country||Number of days with free Visa|
|United Kingdom (*)||Less than 15 days (valid until June 30, 2021)|
|France (*)||Less than 15 days (valid until June 30, 2021)|
|Italy (*)||Less than 15 days (valid until June 30, 2021)|
|Spain (*)||Less than 15 days (valid until June 30, 2021)|
|Germany (*)||Less than 15 days (valid until June 30, 2021)|
|Belarus (*)||Less than 15 days (valid until June 30, 2020)|
|Finland (*)||Less than 15 days|
|Japan (*)||Less than 15 days|
|South Korea (*)||Less than 15 days|
|Sweden (*)||Less than 15 days|
|Norway (*)||Less than 15 days|
|Denmark (*)||Less than 15 days|
|Russia (*)||Less than 15 days|
|Kyrgyzstan||Less than 30 days|
|Cambodia||Less than 30 days|
|Thailand||Less than 30 days|
|Malaysia||Less than 30 days|
|Singapore||Less than 30 days|
|Indonesia||Less than 30 days|
|Laos||Less than 30 days|
|Philippines||Less than 21 days|
|Brunei||Less than 14 days|
|Myanmar||Less than 14 days|
|Chile||Less than 90 days|
What are conditions to enter Vietnam with free visa?
- The passport is valid for more than 6 months from the date of entry Vietnam.
- Guests must present a round-trip ticket upon arrival.
- Enter and exit Vietnam at any check-point, including airpot, land border crossing and sea-ports.
- United Kingdom National Overseas (BNO) passport holders are not eligible for a 15-days free visa exemption. Therefore, they need to apply for a visa to visit Vietnam.
- Foreigners who travel to Phu Quoc Island can stay on the island for 30 days without the visa. Passengers must go to Phu Quoc Island directly from the country outside Vietnam or go to the domestic terminal after completing customs clearance procedures at Vietnam international airport.
- APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) holders with valid passports are exempt from Vietnamese visa requirements and stay for no more than 60 days.
- Citizens of Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Brunei, Kyrgyzstan and Myanmar can enter and exit Vietnam multiple times as they want with a free Visa for a specific of time.
- (*) Citizens of South Korea, Japan, Russia, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Spain, Belarus and France want to enter into Vietnam under unilateral visa exemption in the next time have to wait at least 30 days from the last day exit Vietnam.
For example: An UK citizen entering Vietnam dated 01 November 2019 with 15 days free visa and exit Vietnam on 10 November 2019. If he/she wants to come back to Vietnam with 15 days free Visa again, he/she has to wait at least 30 days – it means after 10th December 2019 – to enter Vietnam again. In case he/she wants to enter Vietnam again anytime from 11 November 2019 to 09 December 2019 (within 30 days from the last exit date Vietnam), he/she must apply for the Vietnam visa.