Full Guide to Vietnam e-Visa from Hong Kong
Last Updated: November 2019
VIETNAM ELECTRONIC VISA | VIETNAM E-VISA
Vietnam electronic visa (Vietnam E-visa) is one of visa types issued to foreigners by Vietnam Immigration Department via electronic system. Vietnam E-visa is valid for maximum of 30 days with single entry.
As of February 2019, Vietnam e-Visa is available to nationals of 82 countries, including Hong Kong (China) and Macau (China).
Full Details about Vietnam e-Visa
- The E-Visa Vietnam is a single entry visa;
- The E-Visa is valid for 30 days, from the proposed date of entry indicated during the application;
- E-Visa holders may remain in Vietnam for a maximum of thirty (30) consecutive days after the initial entry date which you apply before;
- Once the first 30 days have passed, and renewal be needed it, E-Visa holders in Vietnam may be considered to grant new visa if being invited/guaranteed by authority/organization/individual in Vietnam in accordance with Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam;
- Minors with their own passport must complete a full E-Visa application. Minors aged 14 and under included on their parent’s passport will have to be included on their parents E-Visa application;
- Applicants are required to carry a copy of their E-Visa at all times during their stay.
- Foreigners who entry Vietnam must comply with Vietnamese law.
Why Vietnam e-Visa is a better choice?
- No need to line up at the airport
- No additional stamp fees
- Do not need your own physical photos to apply for a visa
- Can enter and leave Vietnam through one of 33 check points in Vietnam.
- No need to visit the embassy
- The entire program is online – just print an electronic visa and present it at the airport.
Who can apply for Vietnam e-Visa from Hong Kong?
Vietnam is currently launching an e-Visa system for citizens from 82 countries (including Hong Kong and Macau):
List of applicable port of entry with Vietnam e-Visa
The Vietnam e-Visa is valid for entry at any of 33 international checkpoints in Vietnam, including 8 international airports, 16 international land-ports and 9 international seaports as in the list below:
- Cat Bi International Airport – HPH (Hai Phong city)
- Cam Ranh International Airport – CXR (Nha Trang city)
- Can Tho International Airport – VCA (Can Tho City)
- Da Nang International Airport – DAD (Da Nang City)
- Noi Bai International Airport – HAN (Hanoi City)
- Phu Bai International Airport – HUI (Hue city)
- Phu Quoc International Airport – PQC (Phu Quoc Island)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Entry from Laos – Na Meo border gate in Thanh Hoa Province
- Entry from Laos – Nam Can border gate in Nghe An Province
- Entry from Laos – Cau Treo border gate in Ha Tinh Province
- Entry from Laos – Cha Lo border gate in Quang Binh Province
- Entry from Laos – Lao Bao border gate inQuang Binh Province
- Entry from Laos – La Lay border gate in Quang Tri Province
- Entry from Laos – Bo Y border gate in Kon Tum Province
- Entry from Cambodia – Moc Bai border gate in Tay Ninh Province
- Entry from Cambodia – Xa Mat border gate in Tay Ninh Province
- Entry from Cambodia – Tinh Bien border gate in An Giang Province
- Entry from Cambodia – Song Tien border gate in An Giang Province
- Entry from Cambodia – Ha Tien border gate in Kien Giang Province
- Hon Gai seaport in Quang Ninh Province
- Hai Phong seaport in Hai Phong Province
- Nha Trang seaport, Nha Trang
- Da Nang seaport, Da Nang
- Chan May seaport, Hue
- Quy Nhon seaport, Quy Nhon City
- Vung Tau seaport, Vung Tau City
- Ho Chi Minh seaport, Ho Chi Minh City
- Duong Dong seaport, Phu Quoc Island